Moving Your Podcast From Squarespace to Fireside
Switching to Fireside is easy! First you will need to log into Fireside and under Podcasts select 'Import a Podcast'. Fireside Podcasts all get a URL like
mypodcast.fireside.fm. You can customize the
<em>mypodcast</em> prefix using the field provided then click 'Next'. Paste your old Squarespace RSS Feed URL* into the field provided and click 'Next'. Complete the following steps then click 'Finish'. Once you have checked that your episodes have been successfully imported into Fireside you will then need to set up the redirect from your old host Squarespace.
- Log into Squarespace and from the Home Menu, click 'Pages'
- Hover over your Blog Page title, and click gear-icon that appears to open Blog Page Settings
3. Click Feeds from the left-hand side then select Podcasting
4. Scroll down to Change Feed then select 'Moving from Squarespace'
5. Enter your new Fireside RSS Feed URL** in the field that appears
Your redirect is now set up! We recommend keeping the redirect (and your podcast) active on Squarespace for at least 30-60 days after you've completed the steps above. This is to ensure all platforms catch the change as some platforms can be slower to update than others. Deleting the Blog Page or cancelling your site before the 30-60 days will disable the redirect.
* Not sure how to find your Squarespace RSS Feed URL? Only follow the instructions under Step 2 on this page.
** Not sure how to find your Fireside RSS Feed URL? Follow these steps: Where can I find my Fireside RSS Feed URL?