How do I redirect my old feed to Fireside?
The answer varies depending on where you are hosting your podcast. We have detailed instructions for redirecting your podcast from your current host to Fireside:
- Moving Your Podcast From Anchor to Fireside
- Moving Your Podcast From Simplecast to Fireside
- Moving Your Podcast From Transistor to Fireside
- Moving Your Podcast From Libsyn to Fireside
- Moving Your Podcast From Soundcloud to Fireside
- Moving Your Podcast From Squarespace to Fireside
If your host is not listed above, follow these general instructions:
- Log into Fireside and click 'Import a Podcast'. Fireside Podcasts all get a URL like
mypodcast.fireside.fm. You can customize the
mypodcastprefix using the field provided then click 'Next'.
- Paste your old RSS Feed URL into the field provided and click 'Next'.
- Complete the following two steps then click 'Finish'.
- Once you have checked that your episodes have been successfully imported into Fireside you will then need to set up the redirect from your old host.
- If you are hosting with a podcast hosting platform not listed above and can't locate the designated place for you to redirect your feed with a 301 redirect, contact their support team. They should be able to help you locate the correct page and/or handle the redirect for you. You will need to tell them you want to switch hosting platforms and would like to initiate a 301 redirect to Fireside. Make sure to provide them with your Fireside RSS Feed URL*.
If you are hosting the files yourself you will need to set up a 301 redirect manually. Here are some instructions.
Your redirect is now set up! We recommend keeping your account (if you are hosting on another platform), your podcast, and the redirect active for at least 30-60 days after you've completed the steps above. This is to ensure all platforms catch the change as some platforms can be slower to update than others.
* Not sure how to find your Fireside RSS Feed URL? Follow these steps: Where can I find my Fireside RSS Feed URL?